Friday, November 26, 2010

A Surprise Update!




We were so surprised to get a surprise gift of two new fresh off the press pics of our darling new girl!! It is fabulous to see her smile.... sad because now we know for sure that she was taken from her nice stable foster family and returned to the orphanage to await our arrival. I don't know how much she knows.. or understands. It is sad that this happens, but I understand on some level. I disagree so many ways..

We are getting me packed and I am so done getting ready!! I need gloves and some new PJs.. and I am good to go! I nearly bust out crying every couple of minutes because I feel so blessed to have the two I do - Who could dream such great kids as EFP & EBB.. and now another. And in less than 10 days I will be holding my new daughter.. just the thought gets me weepy - with happiness. But also sadness... she will lose so much in order to gain a wacky family.. a Mommy who loves her to pieces already, a sister and brother who are beside themselves waiting for her.. a Daddy who is more then ready to wait on yet another Empress and a whole bunch of Aunts, Uncles and Honorary Aunties.. who are likewise waiting to accept this precious girl into our family. I sure had no idea 12 years ago when Imperial Daddy and I were married - that we would build a family that would be so beautiful.. so happy and so very thankful!!

6 Days until Beijing!!!!!

10 comments:

Serving the King said...

Woooo-Hoooo!! SO, SO happy for you!! If you see our two chuckleheads give em a high five for me!! We'll hopefully be following you soon! Blessings on your trip!!

Sherri said...

woooo hooo is right! how awesome to receive such a beautiful gift. Love the photos, thanks for sharing your blog with me on fb. I can't wait to follow you on this journey.
God Bless you and your beautiful family.
Sherri

A said...

She's beautiful!
I wish you all the love, luck and happiness in the world for your upcoming journey.
x

Brownie Troop 157 said...

Thank you for sharing your link! I've added you to my blogroll of fav blogs and can't wait to follow along on your trip.

Happy Thanksgiving and Godspeed,

Carol and Taylor in Miami

Pamster said...

What a beauty! Have a wonderful trip! I can't wait to see the photos of your family all together when you get home.

Wishing I was in your shoes,

lpiccoli said...

Missy, I noticed the empress is already wearing her crown jewels for the occasion!!!!!! She is gorgeous, and may I say, I see a tad bit of "rascalness" in those eyes??? Hehehehehe!!!!! So happy for you and the rest of the royal fam. Cannot wait to read all about it and see pics.

Hugs,

Laura

Laura L. said...

She is such a cutie pie, and I am so happy for you that your trip and family day is drawing near. I can't imagine your excitement and all of the emotions you must be having.

I wish for you an awesome trip and an easy time with miss Sassy Pants.
I will watch for your updates and pray for you guys.

Donna said...

What a treat to get some updated photos! She looks like she's adjusting well back at the SWI. I also disagree with the decision to do that. It seems unnecessarily stressful on the kids.

Your itinerary looks like fun! We did all that stuff back in 2005 and 2006. You'll love the Garden hotel but be warned that there are no drawers in the hotel room! Pack a couple of mesh hanging organizers for the closet and that will help keep things tidy. Also, you can ask the hotel to bring you a bunch of extra hangers. Oh, and suction cup hooks for the bathroom walls (they're all marble).

Have a safe and fun trip!

Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!

Anonymous said...

Missy, you and I were on the same yahoo group several years back. I don't remember which one it was but we commisserated over the home study process, mix-ups with paperwork and just what felt at the time to be a very lengthy wait. You were a bit ahead of me. My husband and I received our referral in late July and traveled in September. You were always very kind and offered words of encouragement. Now you are on your way to China for the third time and I wish you a safe trip and a lifetime of happiness as a family of five.

Anonymous said...

I wrote the above post but didn't mean to be anonymous. I am Joanne, mother of Sasha, age 5 and we live in Westchester.

Empress Fussy Pants

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Emperor Big Brother

Lilypie Next Birthday Ticker